Sunday, January 25, 2009

Picture Sunday

Well, hello, end of weekenders, and welcome to another round of Picture Sunday. Yes, it's back, at least for this week, and so let's get right to it.

I began the week with a head of steam. See, for the past two weeks, I've been keeping The List. The List is in The Notebook. In The Notebook, during the day I will write down all the tasks I set for myself for that day. It could be "go to the grocery," "clean the bathroom," "drink 64 oz of liquid," just anything I want to happen in that day. When I get home from work I put The Notebook on the kitchen counter, open to The List, and see how much I can get done. Having it there in front of me keeps it right in my head, and has so far helped me to get more done during a day's time.

Until Tuesday. Tuesday it snowed here, really hard, and I didn't make it to my pedicure. That was on The List for Tuesday, and somehow missing that just ruined Tuesday. Band was Wednesday, nothing there, and I haven't done shit since. So The Notebook comes back out tomorrow, along with a mental kick in the ass.

Was very sick Thursday night, didn't feel well Friday, then picked up and headed out for B'burg on Saturday. Hadn't been to Mr M's since New Year's, so we watched movies and played clarinets after going out to dinner with the DeepFatFriar.

Then back home today.

You know, I'd been seeing pictures of people on Facebook that were in the style of the Obama "Hope" poster. I thought they were kind of cute, so I decided to check out the website, Obamicon.Me. And I played around a little.


Well, you start at the beginning, right?

























Who knows? President in 2040? It could happen!

For the next three, well, sometimes you just have to call them like you see them.

























Pretty straightforward.

























That's Mr M, apparently photographs of Mr M don't take well to the whole Obamafication process. And before you go giving me shit, Mr M himself gave him the title Captain Asshole.

Then there's me.

























Yeah, that about sums it up.

Now, how about a recipe?

Tonight's recipe, sadly, well, sadly it's ugly, but sadly also I don't have the card with me here at home to tell you the ingredients or serving suggestions. But who cares, right? From the "Quick Dishes" file at Cardland, please wave a cheery hello to Ham Roll-Up.




















Oh, my old friend. My old friend snot. Remember in the early days of the recipe cards? Seems like every other week that snotlike sauce would appear on a dish, and here it is again. Other than that, not too bad. Got a little ham, a little asparagus (that doesn't even look canned), a little Swiss cheese, got some toast points. But 'tis the snot that makes this dish special. Well, and the tablecloth.

Happy week.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* When asked what superhero power I would like to possess, I always answer "invisibility." Well, let me tell you, driving home from B'burg today, I became convinced I'd gotten my wish. I had at least four cars pull out in front of me when I was about six inches away from them. I think I'm changing my superhero power to x-ray vision.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Duke said...

I think the best superpower would be toliet paper vision where any object you stare at turns to toliet paper. Imagine never running out agan? It would be perfect.

I'm still accessing the internet through my Intel brain implant. I haven't bothered to fix my computer.

6:16 AM  
Blogger Mr. Middlebrow said...

Love the HINKY pic. Should definitely make that your FB profile pic.

As for the list-making, I applaud you and offer you this laurel and hardy handshake

9:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those pics are sooo cool!! Mr. M's is classic - and yours looks really great. Now - I think this one of you is actually a really a great picture uncolored - but with the addition of Hinky and your smile seems somewhat more of the nice lady that is hiding something - for me it seems to say, "Cross me and I'll shove this clarinet up your bum."

10:25 AM  
Blogger Lily said...

I'm sorry, but your Hinky picture looks like you've pulled a gun on me. Not quite as Obama-riffic as you'd hoped, no?

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home