Sunday, February 22, 2009

Picture Sunday

Hello, end of weekenders, and welcome to another Picture Sunday here in Betland.

My mom, aka Granny, got out of the hospital on Thursday and was feeling well enough that I thought I could take a weekend away. I needed a weekend away, and what better way to get one than to go Hackensawing.

Yes, The Hackensaw Boys were in B'burg on Friday night, at that place I normally hate going to, but, hey, they're 90 minutes away, what are you going to do? I went, and Mr M came along too. And yes, the sound was still just as horrible as ever, but lo and behold, I ended up having a really great time.

Mr M and I got there a little early and took a seat at the back of the club, and after about 20 minutes who should amble in but Paul and Martin, friends of the Dear Nephew. (Who was off being a frat boy Friday and didn't make it.) They were nice enough to let me hang with them for the show, and we made our way to the front of the stage and had a blast.

The Boys were in fine form, and the big news of the night was that they're finally starting work on a new album. They played about four new songs, all great, and now I'm stoked for a new Hackenrecord.

So, how about some pictures?

Well, here's Shawn banjoing it.





















And Shawn, Ferd, and Salvage.

























And almost everyone. When you're on the front row, you just can't fit everyone in.





















And here's a great Baby J picture out on the floor for the encore.

























Last night The Boys were in Johnson City, TN, at a place called Down Home. They were there back in the fall and I really wanted to go, but it was a Sauerkraut Band night so I had to miss it. I'd heard it was a great venue, and I was itching to check it out. So Friday night I decided that if I could get up, get home, get showered, and pack a bag in time, I was heading out for a second night. All that happened, and I ended up in Tennessee.

Down Home is a great place to see a show. It's tiny, which means there's not a bad seat in the house. It's mainly tables and chairs, but there were a few out of the way places to dance, which I did, and the sound was magnificent. I guess that happens when a place is owned by a musician, which this one is.

I'm really glad I went. It was more fun, more dancing, more music, and more seeing The Boys, who really are so nice. No one was taking pictures, so I left my camera (and Sherman) in the bag, but since Ferd actually said at one point that the band encouraged people to make videos and put them on You Tube, I thought I'd do just that. And so how about a little "FDR?"



That is some fine stuff right there. By the way, we were all OK. The title on the clip refers to the pre-song banter.

I still have a couple of other pictures, but I'm leaving it there for tonight. Can't top that excitement. I'll do a recipe next time, OK?

Happy week.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* By the way, check over at the Comfy Chair Cinema. I'm trying to upload another video there, but on the second try it's still stuck. Keep checking back, though.
* And now I'm tired and sore, and still have to to trash duty and get my clothes ready for work tomorrow. Ahh, back to real life.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Duke said...

Johnson City is a nice place. I've been there several times and it seemed like a good place to live to me except it's next door to the Bristol racetrack. Not sure I could stand Nascar in my face 24/7.

but I like small towns with nothing going on. The deader the better to me. Like they say, the worse curse in the world is "May your life be interesting". Many people would find Johnson City a bore I guess.

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home