Sunday, March 15, 2009

Picture Sunday

Hello, end of weekenders. It'll be a short Picture Sunday, but I'm really making the effort to do more blogs.

First of all, I'm feeling better. I finally got the results of my x-rays, and it showed not pneumonia, but your garden variety crud. Yes, I'm as normal as the next coughing, hacking person in either direction of you. So I'm keeping up with the medication, and this past Friday I began to feel almost human.

Then I spent a portion of today tromping around in the rain, so we'll see.

Things are very busy in Betland. It revolves around a couple of things, one being sick, two being my mom's (Granny's) ongoing medical crises, and three being the video I'm supposed to be making for the Community Band's 20th Anniversary Spring Concert. Time's a wastin' on that, and I fear I won't be able to do it the way I want to. Well, fear isn't really the word, I know I won't be able to, the fear comes in having a finished product not what I want.

Anyway, it'll happen, and there's no need to bore you with the details.

I can't remember if I mentioned this earlier, but my buddy Stennie got me a little program for my birthday last month, something called Claymation Studio that's supposed to be a fun lark for creating claymation and stop-motion videos. Only it hadn't been such a lark for me, because although I'm sitting here with cameras out the wazoo (and believe me, it's a painful condition), none of them seemed to be compatible with the program.

Friday after work I set about editing what video I had from Wednesday night's Band Video shoot, then after a rest and dinner, I got out the webcam Mr M was kind enough on Wednesday to loan me indefinitely. Lo and behold, the Claymation program recognized it immediately, and I played with it for a long time. I shot some seriously horrible video, which put me into yet another technical hair-pulling episode, but tonight that self-same Mr M was also kind enough to walk me through some resolution settings, and things are improving. (Got to admit it's getting better, a little better all the time, can't get much worse.)

Anyway, let's go back even more here. What I was playing with Friday night was something I'd found in the stuff I packed away at my folks' house when I moved into the Poderosa lo those many years ago. I actually went there looking for something else I'd packed away, but I must have packed it really good because it remains packed somewhere.

But!

I found my Pee Wee's Playouse!


















I knew I had to bring it home with me to do something with. And while the video I shot Friday night was lousy, expect to see something going on with Pee Wee and the gang in the future. I didn't say near future, I don't have the time, but we'll find a purpose for the Playhouse.

Anyway, I'm still without a scanner, and have one - yes, one, you lucky bastards - recipe card scanned from work in my collection. I put the rest of the envelopes on the kitchen counter in an effort to remind me to take more to work to scan for future showings.

Now, think food. What one word strikes the most fear into the heart more than "liver?" Well, none, so says I, and so this week's recipe is only for the brave. From the "Beef" file in cardland, please close your eyes and say hello to Liver in Sour Cream.





















Well, speaking of beefs, I have a beef right off the bat with the title of this dish. That's liver under sour cream. And on sour cream. That's a liver/sour cream sandwich, is what that is! And it's delightfully vile, and served with beets, another scary food unless said beets are pickled, and I can just tell those aren't. Any mom who'd serve liver would serve un-pickled beets. And that's a mom whose kids grow up to do drugs and join gangs.

So save our youth! No liver in, on, or under sour cream!

Happy week.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* I didn't eat tonight. And I'm hungry. Is there a dinner suitable for midnight?

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Well, Duuuh.... Liver in/under sour cream! Have that with a side of sour kraut and you've got yourself a deliciously lip puckering delight!

I'm glad you're feeling better, Bester! I thought of you while shopping around today, and picked you up a few unrelated items as an addendum to your birthday gift. I'll try to send them this week.

1:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you are feeling human-like again! Good luck with the band video. I'll send you strong positive "video editing" thoughts....

1:57 PM  
Blogger Lily said...

I would like to state here for the record I will never attempt to have NTCNTC eat that. That's just scary.

I'm glad you're feeling better, but the fever has made it over my way now. Whatever this crud is, every person in the US has had it.

8:09 PM  
Blogger Bet said...

Sorry. I coughed eastward on Thursday.

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home