Monday, April 20, 2009

Acrochallenge!

Hey there, lovers of letters! Welcome to a long overdue round of acromania.

Tonight's acrochallenge is dedicated to Marla. Marla's hanging with her mom, who's in the hospital. Now, I know what that's like, so let's all send good thoughts out Marla's way. She mentioned last week she was craving an acrochallenge, and I hope she'll see this one somewhere in her Momcare.

I hurt my back today moving computer equipment in the office there at TheCompanyIWorkFor. It was my fault, I knew the minute I bent over to lift I was using the back and not the legs, but it was too late to turn back. I'm sitting here with a hot pad on my back, and I plan to take some drugs later and sleep in the chair.

Tonight's acro? "So, How Did You Hurt Your Back?" Lifting a Volkswagen? Falling off a horse? (No, wait, that was Madonna.) Carrying your wallet around? Just tell us now, we're dying to know.

All the other rules are the same. Everyone gets three entries to come up with the best acronym they can, one that matches not only the topic above, but also the letters below. The letters are randomly drawn from the acrobasket. His back doesn't hurt, but he sprained his handle a few months ago. Then tomorrow night at 10:00 est I shall be reading the entries and naming the winners.

The topic? "So, How Did You Hurt Your Back?" The letters:

O Y M E N

Ick. Makes my back hurt just looking at that. Ice or heat, your choice, but acro!

Betland's Olympic Update:
* I now have two scenes done for my latest movie. I'm really excited, but it's slow going. Stay tuned, though.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Kellie said...

Yeah! It's back - AND I remembered to check!!

Oboe Yodeling. Mom's Entertaining Night.
Over Yanking My Energetic Nephew.
Optimistic Yoga Means E Neck.

11:45 AM  
Anonymous Kellie said...

Make that:
Optimistic Yoga Means Extended Neck.

11:47 AM  
Blogger Marla Bronstein said...

I adore you Bet...thanks for the nod this week. I am so tired that my accent sounds like yours....you know, long vowels as if spoken in a yawn...but this acro was just screaming at me. Don't let me win out of pity, let me win because it is the best....

Overfilling Your Mom's Enima, Naturally

It's only funny because it's true....

5:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dff here. So, How Did You Hurt Your Back?" The letters:

O Y M E N

Outside yurt, manicuring elephants' nails.

Oriental yoga masseuse's enthusiastic needling.

On Yvette's mattress, enjoying nubility.

6:47 PM  
Anonymous bettie said...

Hi--I am just commenting on this post because it mentioned something about loving letters. I think your reviews are very funny, the ones about "ETHS"--you are a good writer. However, in the one about Robert Downey, Jr., you said he got the "Chaplain" role. It's actually "Chaplin," as in Charlie Chaplin. A "chaplain" is like a minister. I am not trying to be pedantic, but c'mon, you gotta show Charlie Chaplin some respect.
(bettie151@hotmail.com)

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home