Sunday, April 05, 2009

Picture Sunday

Hello, end of weekenders, and welcome to another round of Picture Sunday.

I'm keeping it short this week. Left work at midday on Friday to head up the road five hours to see the Hackensaw Boys. Long trip up due to rain and bracing winds the entire way, but I made it OK, got to the hotel, then the venue, had a couple beers, relaxed in a booth, and was feeling pretty damn good.

My Dear Nephew and some of his buddies were supposed to meet me there, and it was getting down to the last minute and there was no sign of them. I was mildly irked, not surprised, I know how kids are when they get together, it was just that I'd scoped us out a place at the stage and knew they wouldn't be able to make it up there if it was very late. But finally they showed, the Hackensaw Boys took the stage, and all was well.

Another great show. Strange selection of songs, a couple of what I consider staples were left out, but they also spent a good deal of the set playing requests from the audience, most of them coming from the Dear Nephew and his buddies, so that was nice. So amenable, those Hackensaws.

Only took a couple of pictures, mainly because I was having fun singing and dancing, but also because it was so completely packed there just wasn't enough time and space to stand and focus. But here we go.

























There we are, there's Shawn and Baby J.

























And there's Sherman onstage. My boys (the Nephew and his pals) took interest in Sherman, making sure he got set back up every time he fell over from the vibrations in the speaker. They also made him dance all through "Blue Eyed Girl," recreating his big dance number in the "Dog and Boy Stomp" Comfy Chair video.

A nice (and seemingly shorter) trip home yesterday, then rest.

And today - I did my taxes. I can't believe I cut it so short this year.

But here's the news of the day.

I have a new scanner! As you may remember from earlier blogs, Windows Vista wanted nothing to do with my scanner, and I finally quit trying to make something work that obviously had no intention of working, and I got another one. And you know what that means - recipes du jour!

Ahhh, the summer outdoor meal. Who doesn't love it? I don't, actually. I like meals cooked outside, but I don't necessarily like to eat outside. But no matter! Here is a veritable outdoor feast. From the "Barbecue" file in cardland, please say a charcoaly hello to Bacon rapped Franks/Beans.





















Well, well, well. Take a look at that, if you dare. Enough bacon-wrapped weenies to feed the neighborhood, a whole bucket of potato salad, veggies, and - hamburger buns. I don't know about you, but there's not much I like more than eating weenies on hamburger buns so that the naked ends of the weenies hang out in midair. But my favorite part of the meal is of course the yellow Crock O' Beans, complete with bean overrun dripping down the side of the pot. Drippy beans is some good eatin'.

The card also says this should be served with lemon ice, but I guess it's still in the freezer.

Happy week.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* I hope this week's Hucklebug podcast comes out as well as it went in. I can't remember when I've had such a good time recording a podcast.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Lily said...

Wait a minute. While not my dream meal, that doesn't look hideously awful. Oh my God -- what's happening to me!!!!

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home