Friday, May 29, 2009

Thanks, Peaceful Coexister.

A very heartfelt message to the Toyota Highlander with the West Virginia tag, the University of Virginia window sticker, and the oh-so-trendy "coexist" bumper sticker. You know the one - the C is a crescent star, the O is a peace symbol, the E is some sort of male/female made up thing, the X is a Star of David, the I is dotted with a wiccan symbol, the S is a tao, and the T is a cross.

To this person:

THANKS A FUCKING LOT FOR ALMOST TAKING THE FRONT OF MY CAR OFF SO YOU COULD SKIP ONE PLACE IN FRONT OF ME AT THE DRIVE THROUGH AT THE BANK. YOU FUCKING RUDE ASSHAT.

Coexist, my ass.

I hope on the way home you were rear-ended by a Hummer with a "Mean People Suck" bumper sticker.

And on that note, I'm beginning my weekend. With alcohol.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Duke said...

You seem to have forgotten that Toyoda driver was much better than you. In fact you probably shouldn't have been allowed to share the same road with them.

You can just ask them and they'll tell you.

When people like us don't recognize their greatness it only makes it hard on everyone else. The problem is really us getting in their way.

You can just ask them and they'll tell you.

9:20 PM  
Blogger Lily said...

You missed the point. They're special and important. They put that sticker on the car because they're reminding you that they're doing you a big favor by letting your unimpressive, little self share the universe with them.

I can't believe you missed that.

2:11 PM  
Blogger Quantum Mechanic said...

IT HAD TO BE SAID!
Thanks for saying it, Bet! I get the same sort of feeling when I get cut-off by an SUV with a "Baby on Board" sticker and some soccer-mom behind the wheel with a cell-phone to her head and a mascara-brush to her eye!

GRRRR!!! Beware my mighty Yawp!! I shout at them "you live to eat another Happy Meal only because I'M NOT YAPPING ON THE PHONE, I'M PAYING ATTENTION WHILE YOU AREN'T!!"

Feh...I'm getting old, aren't I?

9:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a Toyota driver, and slow people better damn well get out of my way. ;)


(Not that any of you are slow, but that is the general philosophy. And as a rule I don't cut people off due to others and road rage, as well as, knowing I am likely to be the one to injure my car.)

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home