Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Blogless Again

I've been sitting here for some time trying to come up with something sparkling and witty. I'm dry.

I've said it before, but I wish there was some sort of sleep school I could go to. I don't sleep. I lie in bed for hours and hours, then finally fall asleep at around 5 am. Then I sleep so hard I can't get up.

Sometimes I sleep less than two hours a night. And you'd think I'd just fall right off the next day, right? Either during the evening, or when I go to bed the next night. But I don't. Again, it's just looking at the ceiling.

I'm afraid to take something, because I'm afraid 1) it won't work and I'll have wasted my time, 2) it will work, but will work so well I'll never wake up, or 3) will work so well I end up taking it all the time, or depending on it.

I know several women my age and many of them have the same problem. I'm thinking maybe my next Comfy Chair movie should be "Attack of the Zombies" and should be middle-aged women roaming the streets, wide-eyed, bumping into buildings and walking out in front of cars.

And to end the blog, I'll show you a picture. It's just in from the photographer.

When Sherman and Peabody visited the White House a couple of weeks ago, they had one more picture taken - well, it was a portrait, actually. It's lovely. I'm having one framed, I think.

















So that's the Tuesday blog. Such as it was.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* Acrowinners, we have acrowinners! So, tell me about your scout badges, folks.
- First of all, I have to say that the DeepFatFriar gave me an idea about a kind of 'bonus' round that would increase winners and be kind of fun, and I was completely up for it, then I realized that not all the entries would be eligible and that wasn't quite fair. Next time the acro is a list, maybe we can try it.
- Honorable Mentions go to LilyG, with her "Drunk, unruly, naked, eating velveeta cheese," (is that four badges, Lily, or one? I like the idea of a velveeta cheese badge) and Kellie (with an ie), with her "Dusting. Unicycling. Nondairy. Emptying Vacuum Cleaner." (There should so be an emptying the vacuum cleaner badge.)
- Runners Up go to the DeepFatFriar, with his "Dementia, Unitarianism, nudity, ecdysisam, viniculture, curare," (I've seen his Unitarianism badge!) and Marla (marlamarlamarla), with her "Darning Underwear, Not Eating Vegetables, Carpooling." (Those are fine badges, and I'm currently working on my not eating vegetables badge.)
- And this week's winner goes, simply because it was, for me, the best combination, to Stennie, with her "Douchebaggery, Undertaking, Nymphomania, Electronic Vehicle Construction." I was so hoping someone would use the "N" for Nincompoopery, but Douchebaggery might be even better. You have a wide range of talents, Stenns.
- And Marla, I have some underwear that could use some serious darning. Interested?
- Thanks to all who played, you made me laugh and you've all done very well!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Marla Bronstein said...

Oh Miss Bet you make me laugh too. Of course I will darn your underwear....

11:20 PM  
Blogger stennie said...

That Undertaking badge is not easy to get -- very specific with the chemicals and stuff. I combined my final Undertaking project with the pine(box)wood derby.

12:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home