Sunday, June 07, 2009

Picture Sunday

Hello, end of weekenders, and welcome to another edition of Picture Sunday.

I had a really nice weekend. It began with my mom, aka Granny, being sprung yet again from the hospital on Friday. I went by to visit, then headed home for a Friday Chill Night, which led to a Hucklebug podcast recording, and a shitload of Goldschlager shots. I probably drank an entire flask of Goldschlager. And you know what? I got drunk, and I needed it, and I was happy and didn't even have a hangover the next day.

Then on Saturday I headed to B'burg and Mr M's, where I actually got to do the two things I most wanted to do. I worked on the beginning of the next Comfy Chair movie, and went to the movies, to see "Up."

Now first of all, the Comfy Chair stuff was amazing, and I am forever indebted to the DeepFatFriar for helping me with it. Man was a genius. However, you won't be seeing the movie for a little while because - I have to make a movie over this movie. Yes, I'm getting more and more advanced in the world of film.

And second, I really enjoyed "Up." It features one of the cutest cartoon boys this side of the one who lives with me at the Poderosa. His name was Russell, and he was a Wilderness Explorer scout. He was trying to get his last badge to be promoted to senior scout.

And it got me to thinking about my scout badges. You did know I have scout badges, didn't you? Here, let me show you my sash.

























Yep, there they are. I'm quite proud. I've also advanced to senior scout, but only by age, not by number of badges. Let's take a close-up look.



















OK, row one from left, there's my Podcasting badge, got that a couple of years ago, and my Drivng badge, I rack up lots of miles so that was easy, and my Friend to Cartoons badge. The boys at the Poderosa helped me get that one.

Row two, that's my Sightreading badge, Mr M helped me get that one, my Planting badge, that came from planting flowers the last few years and having a peace lily that's lived 17 years, and my Getting Shouted At badge, I got that one at work.



















Now, I'm quite proud of my Lawncare badge, I survived a lot of bee stings for that one, my Photography badge, doing Picture Sunday helped me get that one, and my Movie Quotes badge, that came from a lot of years practice.

Then I have my Swimming badge, I earned that through summer laps, my Movie Maker badge, the Comfy Chair Cinema brought me that one, and my Doodling badge. I've been a doodler from way back.











And finally, there's my Dancing badge, I got that from countless (really, I've stopped counting) Hackensaw Boys concerts, my Blogging badge, though I'm in danger of having that taken away, I fear, and my Television badge, the first badge I ever got.

So there.

Recipe du jour? You bet! It's not much, but it's what I pulled out of the envelope.

You know, summer is here. And summer is the time for a nice cool salad. Of any kind but this. From the "Natural Foods" file at cardland, will you please say hello to Alfalfa Sprout Salad.




















Well. That's certainly an alfalfa sprout salad, I guess. Thing of it is, alfalfa sprouts have no taste at all. This is why there's all that crap underneath the sprouts. You have some lettuce, pine nuts, cucumbers, carrots, and avacados. It's served with what looks like some of the heaviest bread I've seen (wear your truss!), and all placed nicely on a wrinkled tablecloth.

Happy week.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* Unfortunately, I don't really have an Olympic update. Or any other kind.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Capt. A said...

Where's the "Always getting the last word" badge?

12:39 AM  
Blogger Bet said...

Unfortunately, you seem to have that one. HA!

12:48 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

Isn't there a self-pitying badge?

1:09 AM  
Blogger Lily said...

That recipe is just scary, and I even like that kind of thing.

I would definitely relinquish the lawncare badge to a new Mowing Boy.

6:37 AM  
Blogger Duke said...

How was the 3D in UP? A gimmick or an enhancement?

12:19 PM  
Blogger Quantum Mechanic said...

That's not bread, it's "Brown-cake" PLUTONIUM!! Run for your lives, if you butter it IT GOES FAST-CRITICAL!!

7:48 PM  
Anonymous Kellie said...

I Loooove your badges! Those are excellent! I hope your wear your sash with pride!

11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home