Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Beer

Today's the day President Obama, the Professor, and the Cop all get together at the White House to have a beer and therefore solve the problems of race relations in the US.

In my mind's fondest imaginations, here's how today will go.

Professor: You know, it was a long day, I couldn't get into my house, I was pissed off, and there you were, accusing me of breaking into my own house. I just blew up.

Cop: Yeah, I know, and when you started yelling at me, that just got all over me somehow and I handled it all wrong. It should have been a non-event, you know?

Professor: Yeah, I know. I mean, we're grown men.

Cop: We are, but we sure didn't act that way, did we?

President: Anyone want another pretzel?

I doubt it'll go this way, and I have a feeling when it's all over they'll go back to hating each other. Because the world stinks that way.

There's one thing I do know, though. Another cop, an Officer Justin Barrett, got into hot water when he sent out an email calling the Professor a (please, his words, not mine) "banana-eating jungle monkey." He did this not once in his little email, but four times. So I know you can look for Officer Barrett on the Hucklebug's feared Fuck-Off list this week.

The officer promises us he's not a racist, and his lawyer swears the words were taken out of context, though I'm not quite sure how "banana-eating jungle monkey" could have less sting in any context imaginable.

The officer's quote: "I have so many friends of every type of culture and race you can name."

My reply: Not anymore!

Betland's Olympic Update:
* Oh, Milo. Milo's stubborn. Milo's going to give me headaches if I don't stop being afraid to say no. Well, actually, to say, "NO!"

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger stennie said...

Oh yeah - his lawyer said he didn't call him a banana-eating jungle monkey, he merely compared his actions to those of a banana-eating jungle monkey.

8:43 PM  
Blogger Duke said...

I have no idea what happened but it seems to me the nutty professor must have gotten pretty obnoxious. He also hasn't dealt much with cops because those guys are just looking for excuses. Didn't he watch the Rodney King video? Cops want you shaking in fear the instant they show up.

Then Obama gets on TV and flat out says cops mistreat black people for no reason. How sure is he it's only black people? Seems to me a bully mentality doesn't stop with race.

I also noticed they all 3 picked a different brand of beer. They couldn't agree on the booze to drink. Hopeless.

9:49 PM  
Blogger Bet said...

Well, with all due respect, he didn't flat out say cops mistreat black people. He said the police acted stupidly. He should have said neither party acted in the best manner.

Three different brands? So I guess they didn't sing "Ein Prosit" and then toast.

10:06 PM  
Blogger stennie said...

And Biden was there! He drank near beer.

10:23 PM  
Blogger Duke said...

Maybe I dreamed it but I'm pretty sure Obama talked about cops pulling blacks over for no reason and it had happened to him. I'd call that mistreatment, or something similar.

But I've slept since then. Maybe I'm wrong.

12:44 AM  
Blogger Lily said...

Now the second cop is a moron. I just feel nothing but sorry for the first cop. He's just caught in the middle of something where two overgrown boys had a pissing contest. This wasn't racism, it was testosterone.

1:09 AM  
Blogger Quantum Mechanic said...

My script for the great Beer Triumvirate:

Obama: Hey, you guys should take it easy, there.

Prof: No, jus'..jus'...jus lemme say thish...really you guys, jus, jus...

Cop: Yanno, I jush really love you guys...you guys're like...your like..your like my only frien's...you guys really know, man, you really know, an' nobody really knows..

Prof: No, man! You don' know! You don'!

Obama: Hey, Hey, wait a minute! What if we all, like, all got a bar together! Guys, Guys! We could, like, all get a a bar and then nobody could say it's closing time!

Prof and Cop: NO WAY! That would be like sooo AWESOME, DUDE!

Cop: you're like, the President, ya know, so you could like, say it's never closing time, right? Right? Right?

Prof: you guys're like my bes' friends, really. Really. My bes' friends...I just wanna say...I wanna say..

Cop: Hey, watch this...hey, you guys...watch this...

Michelle: Barack! Please, honey, the kids are trying to sleep in here...


Oh well, I can dream, can't I? It was a nice gesture; empty, mostly, but nice.

3:26 AM  
Blogger Bet said...

I like that scenario!

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home