Sunday, July 26, 2009

Picture Sunday

Hello, end of weekenders, and welcome to another edition of Picture Sunday.

And talk about needing one more day in the weekend. My buddy Stennie and I participated in the podcastathon on Saturday. This was part of Blogathon 2009, an electronic gathering where people blog for charity. We podcasted. Started at 9:00 (my time) Saturday morning and did 48 podcasts, one every half hour, till Sunday at 9:00.

We had a great time, people gave us topics for discussion, quizzes, some came on-air to join us for a while, people stayed with us giving us comments of support, and when it was all over we had raised $650.56 of pledges for the American Cancer Society.

Again, our friends came through and showed us and the world just how cool they are. And we can't thank you enough.

There were some highlights, to be sure. I'll post some links that will take you to the pages where you can listen to them, but if you have a while, just head to www.hucklebug.com and you can listen at your leisure to any of it.

Our friend Siskita creating mad-libs Broadway songs for us and singing them on the air (episode 14 - but warning, not for the squeamish or the young).

Our friend the DeepFatFriar doing his own Chaucer rap (episode 19).

Mr M and I doing something rather bizarre (episode 28).

Me singing my Ultimate Beatles Song, which I worked on off and on throughout the day (episode 45 - oops! edited to add this one starts with a bit of salty language as well, referring to Siskita's song).

I took a few pictures throughout the day, most ended up on Facebook at some time or other, but since I needed a Picture Sunday I thought I'd just use this space to give a little visual of what 24 hours of sleepless podcasting can do to a person.

Here I was at hour 18, getting a little tired, but still awake and relatively lucid.

























It's amazing what three hours can do, though. Hour 21.

























And then, in the last hour, when you know you can wait out another 60 minutes but aren't sure how. Hour 24.

























Oh, and at some point, after a round of Fact or Crap Trivia, I took the opportunity to draw a picture of Milo on one of my playing sheets.

























It is a fact!

And on a personal note, I would like to say that Milo was an exceedingly good boy, and that two other very good boys, the DeepFatFriar and Mr M, both visited me at different times on Saturday. They provided company, comic relief, dog-occupying, and DFF even provided an amazing dinner so I wouldn't have to worry about cooking.

Glad I did it, gladder it's over. Now I want to get my regular schedule back.

Happy week.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* Rain! Hard rain! Big fat drops!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Duke said...

Looky -more pictures of things on your head!

The podcastathon was a big success. You and stennie should be proud. Tired too of course.

1:53 AM  
Blogger stennie said...

I had NO idea that you had posted podcastathon highlights also, clearly before I did. We picked the same episodes! It's the brain...

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home