Sunday, August 02, 2009

Picture Sunday

Hello, end of weekenders, and welcome to another edition of Picture Sunday. Not quite as depressing as a normal Sunday night, mainly because I've already got the week's trash ready to go.

Well. As you may or may not have noticed, there was no Picture Sunday last week. Chalk this up to sheer exhaustion. I was coming off the podcastathon last Sunday.

This weekend was business as usual, with a twist. Hucklebug recording and chilling on Friday, then a hair cut on Saturday and off to B'burg and Mr M's. The twist was that now I have Milo. I went to Poderosa East on Wednesday evening, because I wanted to get out of the house and Mr M was kind enough to invite, but this was our first overnighter.

It was a little traumatic, on my part, anyway, simply because of routine upheaval. Milo's still a young fellow and I'm trying to keep some semblance of a routine going for him, which pretty much went by the wayside once we changed houses. There was a brief Alice the Cat sighting, but she only ventured out for a few seconds, then retreated back under the bed. Milo followed, but I retrieved him, and he didn't get swatted in the face and Alice didn't die of a coronary.

I think Milo and Alice need a beer summit with the President.

Anyway, we're back home now and the routine is resuming. Walking outside, playing inside, cuddle time. Milo seems to enjoy watching me shred paper in the shredder, and he sat on my feet tonight while I paid bills. Oh well, the simple joys.

A couple of pictures, and may I just say that I'm really hoping I don't turn Picture Sunday into Milo Sunday. I have no intention of forcing him upon you, and if you get tired of him, please let me know. Sure, I'll cry, but I'll listen.

On Friday, Milo met Lou, the groomer. I've known Lou forever, she and I went to school together and she was Bill's and Petster's groomer. She was so excited I got another dog, and announced Milo was a very good boy. There was a slight problem, though.

























He got a bow on his ear. Lou always puts a bow on, I used to crack up seeing Bill come out of the groomer's with a bow on his head. Then he'd look at me and start to reach for his pocket knife. Anyway, we kept the bow on long enough to get a picture, then ditched it so we could go out in public for a walk. I mean, Milo's a Ruff and Rowdy Doggie Dude, he doesn't want a bow.

Then Saturday night while in B'burg we made our first trip to PetSmart. I was so excited to get to go to PetSmart with a dog. It wasn't nearly as fun as I thought it would be. Milo wanted to get up close and personal with the only other dog we saw there, a black shaggy guy, who was bigger and didn't really want some dumb doggie kid in his face. So there was barking. Then I got really nervous when Milo became interested in a big bin of birds.

Oddly enough, I got even more nervous when I realized the big bin of birds was right next to the cat section.

Anyway, I got what I went after. I figured I'd spend way more than expected, but they didn't have the harness/leash combo I was looking at online. And let's face it, right now he's got more toys than he can chew, and he doesn't seem to be bored with any of them. He had a new bag of food, and although I should probably go with metal or ceramic dishes, what he has right now is fine.

The main reason I went there was to get him a car seat. He cries for about 10 or 15 minutes if he's crated in the car, and although you can calm him down if you sing to him (yes, I drive down the road singing, "Milo - Milo's a good boooooy, he's the best doggie in the wooooorld," and I'm a little embarrassed about it my own damn self), I figured if he travels with me much it would be nice to let him ride up front with me. So I found one, and after some trying times getting it secured, I put him in it and we took off.




















And he really likes it. No whining, no singing (except to the iPod), and lots of curled up napping (him, not me).

I also got him an engraved tag with his name and phone number on it, and was disappointed when I got home and realized that the treats for the inside of the Kong toy Aunt Stennie bought him - I put them down when looking at leashes and forgot to pick them back up. Didn't realize it till I got home. Oh, boy, another trip to PetSmart!

The DeepFatFriar was also kind enough to get Milo some rawhide chewies.

And then it was home today and back to that regular routine.

Do you know what I haven't done in a while? A recipe du jour, that's what. So let's do one.

Well, it's got eggs, but you can't see them. Shame, since that seems to be the main ingredient. No matter. Just gird your loins and say hello, from the "Eggs and Cheese" file in cardland, to Creamed Eggs on Fried Noodles.




















And wouldn't you just know it. Oh, snot, my favorite recipe card ingredient, how nice to see you in this dish. (This card's snot seems to be cream of chicken soup and butter.) So you chop up some hard-boiled eggs, throw in mushrooms, celery, and almonds, mix it up with the snot, and lay it on some fried Chinese noodles. Which I mistook for shredded cheese at first. Apparently you serve this alongside some peas with white pieces of plastic in them, and lay your plate on what I thought were burnt macaroons but may well be a really ugly placemat.

Happy week.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* Here's to my friends out west who may be seeing the Hackensaw Boys as I write this. I want a full report, girls.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Duke said...

Does that picture show Milo driving the car or is it my imagination?

Shame on Milo for chasing poor little Alice under the bed. I hope she didn't have to spend the weekend there.

1:51 AM  
Blogger The Calico Quilter said...

Maybe you should rethink putting his car seat in the passenger side. I'm afraid if the air bag went off in a wreck (God forbid!) it would hurt him. I just read several articles where they said never to put the doggie seat or carrier in the front, like with child seats. I'm going to start securing Molly's carrier in the back seat - she can still hear me sing "The Molly Song" to her back there. (Oh, the embarrassment.)

4:38 AM  
Blogger Bet said...

You know, Mrs D, I thought about that. The airbag would crumple his little nose. I might have to rethink and go back to singing the Milo Song. (Oh, the embarrassment.)

8:01 AM  
Blogger Duke said...

How can Milo drive from the back seat?

12:35 PM  
Blogger Bet said...

He's very advanced, Duke!

12:54 PM  
Blogger Lily said...

We're not going to get tired of Milo -- we WANT pictures of Milo.

Hmm, car seats, singing to keep him quiet, messing up routines causing havoc, not being able to move about so much -- where have I heard this all before? Oh yes, welcome to my life!

6:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home