Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Picture Tuesday

Oh, crap. I promised you a blog tonight, didn't I? I was so busy trying to find songs for the next (and last) CD Mix Exchange, I let the time slip up on me. But never fear.

Hello!

Well, I'm back from Cleveland, and as I said, I had a great time at the Air Show. I didn't know what to expect, so I couldn't be disappointed. There were things I squeed over that I was a little embarrassed about later, like a remote-control doghouse with Snoopy on top of it chasing a remote-control Red Baron, and a truck fitted with jet engines that shot flames out its ass and went upwards of 400 miles an hour and raced planes. I guess you just have to leave your cool at the door at the Air Show.

Anyway, it was fun and impressive. And I took some pictures, along with some video which will be uploaded at the Comfy Chair Cinema as soon as I post this blog.

Let's see. How about one gigantic bigass plane?














That sucker was huge. We went inside it and walked around. It was about five times bigger than my house.

How about Sherman the Boy sitting on a Sherman tank?

























Sometimes you just can't let a photo op pass you by.

There were two of those, actually. Sometimes when you see a bubble window on a helicopter, well, you just have to.














And a close-up.

























By the way, it was a beautiful day. Sunny, very few clouds, visibility was great. So when planes climbed and dipsy-doodled down they were very easy to see.

Here's a picture of a Harrier Jet, the loudest fucking plane in the world. It's pretty cool, though. It took off after a run of only 50 feet and can hover, fly backwards, then hit the jets and take off with great speed. Here it was hovering.

























And after all that jet engine roar, Mr Peabody was just about shot.



















He tried to tell us he was just catching some rays, but we know Peabody doesn't lay out in the sun and he was looking very sickly at that point.

Here's a nice picture of Cleveland, which was right behind us as we watched the show. We were right on the lake.

















Of course, the big attraction was the Thunderbirds, and they were amazing. Talk about trusting someone with your life - six planes doing rolls and flips and passes in such close quarters, I found myself uttering, "Cool!" more than once.

Here were four of them overhead in a diamond.

























And all six of them in a diamond.



















At this point, they were flying pretty low.

























And probably my favorite.

















Wild blue yonder, indeed.

So there. I was going to say that's a little what it's like to go to an air show, but it's not. There's a lot more going on, you'll be looking skyward all day long at old war planes, wing walkers, flippers, military jets, and the like.

Oh, and parachuters. But of course, I couldn't take any pictures of them.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* Milo lost his first puppy tooth this morning!
* Remember to go to the Comfy Chair Cinema to see the movie version of my trip!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger stennie said...

Bet, these pictures are AWESOME. Really nice work.

And congrats Milo! Leave it under the pillow, the Tooth Fairy will bring you a snausage.

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home