Monday, October 12, 2009

Pictures and Acrochallenge!

Hello, lovers of pictures, lovers of letters. We're combining some pictures from my trip up north with this week's acrochallenge. Remember, since Milo and I go to the Hi-D-Ho Academy on Tuesdays, acro judging won't be till Wednesday, so you all get an extra day to be creative and make me laugh.

OK. The reason for the whole trip, if you read the trip summary in last night's blog, was to go to Bowling Green State University so Mr M could march in the alumni band. Here he is at the morning marching practice, looking very happy. So as I said, don't believe him if you hear him say "never again."




















Sorry, I had to do the labeling. One of the funny things about high school was that all those pictures of the band that appeared in the yearbook, we'd find ourselves and circle ourselves and sign it. People not in the band were amazed we could pick ourselves out of 130 or so uniformed people shot aerially while on a football field, which is basically why we did it.

OK, from BGSU we headed to Cleveland, where it was time to visit the Giant Rubber Stamp.




















It says "free." It says it again right here.




















And of course, for posterity, here's one of me and the Giant Rubber Stamp.























There will be a video of this at the Comfy Chair Cinema tonight. I'll remind you below.

Then we headed over to Lake Erie to walk around on the rocks. Mr M said that used to be a favorite activity of his as a child. Ah, those simpler times. Anyway, it was cold, but the last time I was in that spot the lake was frozen for as far as we could see.




















Ack! Bades! Filthy, disgusting bades!




















And the next time you're in a bar, be sure to order a Bet on the Rocks.






















OK, I'll stop there, but I have more! Stay tuned tomorrow!

Now, acrochallenge. Hmmmm. I was thinking about something as I drove down the mountain from Oktoberfest Friday night, and lo and behold, you know we do share a brain, when I got home and started to podcast with Stennie, she mentioned the same thing. "You haven't had your annual nervous breakdown yet. What's up with that?"

I don't know. What is up with that? Let's make this week's acro "My Next Nervous Breakdown." You can predict when it will happen, or where, or what I'll do. It's all up to you.

All the rules are the same. Everyone gets three entries to come up with the best acronym they can, one that matches not only the topic above, but also the letters below. The letters are randomly drawn from the acrobasket. The acrobasket holds onto his letters very carefully when I have my nervous breakdown - he worries about losing G, P, D, those letters there aren't enough of. Then Wednesday night, remember, Wednesday night at 10:00 est I shall be reading the entries and naming the winners.

So the topic, "My Next Nervous Breakdown." The letters:

T L U A S

So there you go - don't be nervous, acro!

Betland's Olympic Update:
* Yes, I shall have, in a scant few minutes, the Giant Rubber Stamp movie up at the Comfy Chair Cinema. It's riveting! Go watch it!
* Milo had a bath tonight so he can go to school clean tomorrow. (He was filthy from two play dates with his new BFF Lincoln.) He barked at me for about a half hour after. I mean, he just gave me down the road.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Marla Bronstein said...

The Last Ugly Ass Sunday


Tomorrow. Lock Up All Steakknives

10:03 AM  
Blogger Duke said...

Tying lewd underwear around statues

Triggering loud utterances, absurdly spoken

Tiptoeing lightly under autumn scrapheaps

Did anything say why that giant rubber stamp said FREE? Just wondering.

11:46 AM  
Blogger Lily said...

Totally lethargic, unhappy, and sad.

Tried lingonberries -- unusually acidic. Shattered.

Took little unprescribed analgesic. Straitjacket!

9:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"My Next Nervous Breakdown." The letters:

T L U A S

The last usable axon shatters.
Tossing lascivious underwear at sister.
Tight lederhosen unravel at seams.

9:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was dff, btw.

9:43 PM  
Blogger The Calico Quilter said...

Where's the cute post-bath picture of Milo, all clean and fluffy? Right after a good shampoo is the best dogs ever look (Give them a minute and they'll find something dead to roll in). On the other hand, this doesn't work with cats. Post-bath, cats just look pissed.

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home