Sunday, November 29, 2009

Picture Sunday

Hello, end of long weekenders, and welcome to a rather succint round of Picture Sunday.

I had a nice weekend, and I just realized that it's 11:00pm and I haven't put up any pictures for you, so let's sort of, well, truncate things.

I spent Thanksgiving with Mr M and the DeepFatFriar at the DeepFatFriar's new home. It was a lovely day.

Aaaaaaaaaand, let's get to the pictures.

1. A nice Thanksgiving table.

























2. I made deviled eggs...



















...and pumpkin pie.




















3. A brain! (Actually, it's a cauliflower.)





















4. The Carving of the Brain (DFF looks just a little too happy).



















5. Sherman liked DFF's biscuits...




















...and loved his blueberry pie.




















6. This is the trivet you have for your table if 1) you're the DeepFatFriar, and 2) you've been painting at your new house.






















7. After the excellent dinner, I enjoyed some coffee...
























...Milo enjoyed some Sherman...




















...and Sherman enjoyed, well, let's not show that to Mr Peabody.

























7. And afterwards, Milo ate my entire face.

























It was a nice day. I was sitting at the table, and it occurred to me - everything was so wonderful because we all brought our best dishes. I did the eggs and pie, Mr M brought his amazing stuffing and $21 salad, which has now escalated to $28 salad, and DFF did his turkey and homemade cranberry sauce. And we had a brain.

Friday I spent some of my day off on a little project. I made Milo his very own Hi D Ho Academy bandana!






















He actually wore it for an afternoon without tearing it apart. That's not bad!

Now it's trash duty and bed and back to the crappy old work week.

Happy crappy work week to you all, too!

Betland's Olympic Update:
* OK, no band, no Hi D Ho - I'm going to try to get things back to normal here, whatever that constitutes. Hopefully an acro tomorrow.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Duke said...

For a minute it seemed like your dinner consisted of cauliflower with all the trimmings followed by blueberry pie and coffee. That's what your pictures showed anyway.I read later it also included a turkey.

Glad you had a nice holiday weekend!

12:01 AM  
Blogger Marla Bronstein said...

oh how I miss that ACRO...happy day after thanksgiving weekend my friend. Ready for the speedy spiral to all things Christmas...

12:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home