Monday, December 14, 2009

Acrochallenge!

Hello, lovers of letters, and welcome back to another round of acromania.

As I mentioned last night, I'm working on a little project that involves pictures. Lots and lots of pictures. Pictures out the wazoo.

Now, there's a thing about old pictures in my family. My mom seems to have the "gift," as it were, to have people send her photographs of everything and everyone under the sun, and she keeps them just like they were of the most important people in her life. Distant relatives' step-kids, foster kids, friends of her nieces and nephews, people that passed through our lives for six months or so, but are preserved forever in boxes and albums.

So I was at the folks' house yesterday stealing pictures. You know, it's Christmas, you can steal. You can say, "Mom, go in the kitchen for five minutes while I do something and don't ask, it's Christmas." And I did just that, slipped a large photo album into a bag, then went into a back bedroom for the mother lode. I found it in a large gold shirtbox in a drawer. I was grabbing handfuls of stuff, trying to give them a look as I stuffed them in my bag, and I saw pictures of these people. School pictures of kids I'd maybe met once on a family visit, kids I didn't know. I stuffed them in anyway. I felt bad making Mom stay in the kitchen for more than five minutes.

So I got home and started going through and scanning pictures. And in among all those random kids and old ladies, I hit upon this picture.

























I have no idea who any of these people are. The man, the kids. I don't know where this was. I don't know when it was. All I know is that when I looked at the picture, I said, "What's my mom doing with a picture of Elvis Costello, and who are those kids?"

Stennie says it's her Uncle Jerry. Knowing my mom, this could be entirely possible.

Tonight's acrotopic? "Who is this man?"

All the rules are the same. Everyone gets three entries to come up with the best acronym they can, one that matches not only the topic above, but also the letters below. The letters are randomly drawn from the acrobasket. The acrobasket, sadly, was not a photograph in Mom's collection. Then tomorrow night at 10:00 est I shall be reading the entries and naming the winners.

So, the topic? "Who is this man?" The letters:

S T B R

So there you go. Get out your identakits and acro!

Betland's Olympic Update:
* I need to finish up my shopping. To the internet!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Mike said...

Sam the butcher's rabbi.

Scarf thief, boy retailer.

Steve Thacker, Bluefield's RuPaul.

12:33 AM  
Anonymous Kellie said...

Stucky Thomas, Baseball Recycler.
Snuffy T., Bluegrass Rapper.
Some Tall Bastard, Richard.

Mike - perfect use of STB - I wonder where Alice is?

2:50 PM  
Blogger Lily said...

Saw the babies, rented.

Some tired babysitter, Raymond.

Sooooo, that's Bob. Really?

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home