Sunday, December 06, 2009

Picture(ish) Sunday

Hello, end of weekenders. And welcome to a little different and possibly skewed version of Picture Sunday.

I had a really nice weekend, actually. Did a fun Hucklebug podcast with Stennie on Friday night. Then got up on Saturday to a blanket - well, wait, is a six inches a blanket? - of snow on Saturday. Watched my town's Christmas parade at noon, found out Mr M was not coming down Saturday evening as expected, so hung out and had a relaxing night.

Then today, Mr M came down with the DeepFat Friar in tow, we all had a nice afternoon watching geeky TV shows, Mr M and I playing clarinets, and Milo loving on DFF. I mean, Milo loves the DeepFatFriar. He just stares at him in admiration. He has to sit right beside him. It's amazing, and just fills me with warmth and giggles.

The three of us (the human three) had cabbage beef soup and ham and cheese sandwiches, oh, and deviled eggs because I had a bunch of eggs I knew I'd never use in any other way, and afterwards we trimmed Milo's tail. See, on Thursday Milo got a horrible haircut (I love you, groomer, I really do, but his was a bad mistake), where from neck to tail he was shaved, his head was trimmed but not much, and his tail was left intact. It was hideous, I have to say, and I kept thinking that if we could at least pare down his tail it would help. And it did.

Then way too soon Mr M and the DFF went home, and I watched the season finale of "The Amazing Race" (breathing a sigh of relief when it was done), ate a couple of deviled eggs, and did the dishes from dinner.

Anyway, I don't have any pictures as such, but I did make a little video of Milo and I watching the town's Christmas parade.

See, one of the great things about living at the Poderosa (and there are many, believe me) is that the annual Christmas parade starts about a fourth 0f a mile from my house, so I get to see it in its infancy as it ambles towards town. Now, I usually miss the high school band (bummer!) because they generally link up with the parade closer to town (wusses!), but I still get to see all the floats and such.

So this year I decided that Milo needed to see the parade, and I got out my trusty Flip camera and we took up residence in the hatch of my car, Podmobile2, and watched the festivities. Such as they were. I timed the parade - it lasted about 13 minutes.

Anyway, the camera rolled, and I spent Saturday afternoon editing and putting together a little commemorative of the event. I put it on Facebook, but I realize some of you aren't Facebook people, so we'll share it here, too.

Happy week!


Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Duke said...

Milo's first christmas. It's fun watching your kids see santa for the first time.

We didn't get much snow down here. Just enough to dust the grass before it melted off 15 min later.

Neat video, thanks for posting it.

2:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So the poor thing can howl after all!

dff

3:28 PM  
Blogger Lily said...

I'll just say I'm glad you made some of the comments you did. If I made them, I'd be accused of being an urban snob.

Here's one thing about you that gets me. You profess to not like to cook or do too much of it, but you will make deviled eggs, which I consider to be in the "fiddly, not worth it, way too much trouble" category. Good on you.

11:16 PM  
Blogger stennie said...

Milo romping in the snow is FUCKING ADORABLE.

Also, I think he looooooves the emergency vehicles. He is singing to them!

12:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Bet:

Saw you at the parade. Sorry I couldn't stop. Just want you to know I watched the video later, and I've got you covered.

Ho ho ho.
Santa

1:46 PM  
Anonymous Kellie said...

Hilarious!! I love Milo having fun in the snow. It felt like I was there watching it with you! You made my lunch break!!

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home