Monday, January 25, 2010

Acrochallenge!

Hello, lovers of letters! Welcome to a long overdue round of acromania.

But first - a little update.

Yes, "blogging more" seems to be the first resolution I've broken this year. I've been horrible. Well, it's good to get that first one out of the way. Now I can break the rest with no guilt.

Granny (my mom) got sprung from the hospital on Friday. She's doing well, I was over there on Saturday and Sunday. In fact, she was well enough on Sunday to make a nice roast with vegetables, which she shared with me, and let me tell you. It was magnificent, I've been eating on it for two days.

I survived last week, spent Tuesday drinking with my nephew, who's now 21, and that was a blast. Skipped Wednesday's TheCompanyIWorkFor meeting, went to band, stayed at Mr M's Wednesday night in preparation for my annual "girl's appointment" at the doctor on Thursday, but had to cancel when the whole region was iced over. The region of Virginia where I am, not the region of my girlness. Drove back home with the ice following me, went back to work. Then had a lovely Friday Hucklebugging with Stennie.

This weekend Mr M and the DeepFatFriar came down, and it was lovely. A great night.

So, see, I've been right here, plugging along.

OK, let's get to acro.

I've been seeing a commercial on TV lately that just makes me laugh. It's for a drug called Latisse. What does Latisse do? It grows your eyelashes! Yes, folks, mascara isn't enough anymore, now your eyelashes must be chemically enhanced!

So I got to thinking. What other kind of silly drug are they going to come up with to be improved by drugs? Less nose hair? More nose hair? Turning an innie belly button into an outie? Who knows?

You do! You can tell us with this week's acrochallenge. "What's The Next Thing Drugs Will Improve?"

All the rules are the same. Everyone gets three entries to come up with the best acronym they can, one that matches not only the topic above, but also the letters below. The letters are randomly drawn from the acrobasket. The acrobasket is taking something to soften his wicker. Then tomorrow night at 10:00 est I shall be reading the entries and naming the winners.

So, the topic? "What's The Next Thing Drugs Will Improve?" The letters?

D K F

Yes, a three-letter acro! So take advantage and join in the fun!

Betland's Olympic Update:
* Milo and I went out tonight, and saw a deer! A deer was on the hill across the creek in my back yard! He was beautiful, but got spooked and took off like the wind. Milo was most intrigued.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Marla Bronstein said...

Dickless Kicking Football

Dilectible Kid's Fingers

Diabolical Kidney Function

OK, they don't make much sense, but I think a bunch of dickless guys kicking footballs is funny anyway. hee hee...miss you Miss Bet!!

11:06 PM  
Anonymous Kellie said...

Dumpy Knees Fix
Dancing Kelly Feet

9:32 AM  
Anonymous Kellie said...

Couldn't come up with a K for this one - got Ervin to help!

Diseased Kangaroo Face.

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home