Monday, January 18, 2010

And Off We Go Again!

Hello, blogees. I'm sitting here trying to decide whether or not to do an acro.

First of all, Granny's back in the hospital. Good and bad. Good, it's not for the same things that confined her some 11 times last year. Bad, she's got a bad case of chest congestion that's making it very difficult for her to breathe. She was taken to the hospital in the wee hours of this morning, and they admitted her. I went to see her today, and she's getting oxygen, but not the kind I'm used to seeing, the little tube going up the nose. She's got the whole big strap-on-your-face kind. And she talks and talks, and no one can understand her through that big mask, so there's a lot of "Huh? What?" in CCU, where she's resting.

She's not running a fever, blood pressure and pulse is good, so hopefully, this won't be as scary as it began. Keep good thoughts.

So I'm trying to decide about acro. I had all intentions of doing one this week, had a topic, then I realized something. I won't be here tomorrow night, won't be here Wednesday night. Probably be back late on Thursday night. (I'm going to be so tired of driving this week.)

So let's save that topic, and I give you my solemn promise we will acro like mad next week.

Other than that, the snow is melted, the temperature made it 50 here today, I'm supposed to get my winter coat back Wednesday (life is full of irony), and I'm still addicted to Wii tennis.

I've been practicing the clarinet nightly in anticipation of the solo (duet solo, that is two solo clarinetists with the band) that is supposed to happen with the Community Band on the spring concert. I'm still a little dubious, but hey, gotta be ready if it happens.

Milo is fine, and sends you all an enthusiastic "Brrrf!"

And that's about it for news. I'll try and check in Thursday.

Happy week.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* Once again, the actualy Olympics are coming up next month. It always makes me smile when the Olympics come around. I don't get that excited by the games anymore, but I keep thinking about how I began the Olympic Update in, what, 2004? 2006? And it's never gone away.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Duke said...

Do they make a Wii clarinet game?

3:00 AM  
Anonymous Kellie said...

Good thoughts for Granny!!

5:25 PM  
Blogger Lily said...

Granny and Nicholas can chat together. I never understand what he's saying either.

7:39 AM  
Blogger Lily said...

Any updates on Granny? Hope all she's doing is trying to scare you.

6:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home