Monday, February 22, 2010

Acrochallenge!

Well, hello there, blogees. Guess what I'm doing? Well, you're kind of right, I'm putting together another round of acromania. However, I'm putting together a round of acromania - in the Comfy Chair!

Yes, I'm blogging from a remote location, my living room, on my new netbook. His name is Neddy, Neddy Booke, and I've had him since Wednesday of last week.

Laptops, netbooks, they were always on my list of "things I want but don't necessarily need." I found myself with a little bit of a windfall after Christmas, and after I'd put a substantial portion of it in savings and another substantial portion of it in my medical checking account, I decided I was going to take a few hundred dollars and spend it on something I'd normally never splash out on. My buddy Stennie really likes her netbook, and I thought it would be a good way to have what I personally wanted from a laptop without the higher price. And so that's just what I did, I got a netbook.

I spent Friday setting up the networking so I could use it while relaxing in the Comfy Chair, and that wasn't nearly as hard as I was expecting it to be. In fact, it was so easy I was sure the house would blow up or something - that one wire put in the wrong hole that shorts out the house and causes it to go blooey. But all is well.

My only problem at this point is the damn keyboard. I mean, it's pretty large as netbook keyboards go, but I'm still not used to it. I make many typos, and I've also always hated the "mouse-window" way of the laptop, and add to that the sensitive "tappy mouse-window," and I'm just going and coming and exing out and all when I don't really want to.

I'll learn, though.

OK, anyone wanna do an acro? Anyone have a topic?

How about this? Mr M's car, the assmobile (long story), has been in the shop for some two weeks now. He's without wheels and going crazy. A kind thought for Mr M please. He has no idea when he'll get his car back.

This week's acrotopic? "Why is Mr M's Car in the Shop?"

All the other rules are the same. Everyone gets three entries to come up with the best acronym they can that matches not only the topic above, but also the letters below. The letters are not drawn from the acrobasket tonight. He's on vacation, he actually headed up to Vancouver to watch some Olympics. He's hoping to catch the last of the skiing, and maybe some freestyle ski jumping. I'll just be winging it by randomly picking letters off the keyboard. Then tomorrow night at 10:00pm est I shall be reading the entries an naming the winners.

So the topic, "Why is Mr M's Car in the Shop?" The letters:

R K F U G

So there you go. Acro for the assmobile!

Betland's Olympic Update:
* People are winning, people are losing. There, consider yourself updated.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Lily said...

But is Neddy pink?

Radiator kept fucking up gasoline.

Rapscallion Kevin Federline upchucked. Gross.

Ralph Kramden fucked up garage.

9:47 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

RKFUG

Rusted karbunkle forced under grille

Rats krapped fatly up gastank

Really kaputt? Figures. Ugly guzzler.

10:09 PM  
Anonymous Kellie said...

Red Kite Found Under Grille.
Raspy Kachunk From Underoctane Gas.
Rabbit Klepto Filtched Upper Grate.

10:47 PM  
Blogger stennie said...

Some tips for Neddy:

1. Get yourself a notebook wireless mouse. I personally cannot stand touchpads. You can disable the tap-click feature, which will save you much frustration.

2. Your fingers will be used to the keyboard very soon. It took me about two weeks, and now I never even think about it.

3. In Firefox, CTRL-+ will enlarge any webpage. Saves my tired old eyes!

10:23 PM  
Blogger stennie said...

Those were not meant to be Acro answers, btw.

10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home