Monday, March 29, 2010

Acrochallenge!

Hello, lovers of letters. Anyone up for a round of acromania?

One of the reasons I haven't been around much lately is that I'm spending a fair amount of time practicing the clarinet. See, my clarinet friend Mary and I are playing a duet-solo with the mighty and feared (well, mainly just feared) B'burg Community Band at this year's Spring Concert. We don't know where we're having the concert (B'burg High School's roof fell in and it's unusable for the foreseeable future), or when (we're probably going to have to move the date because we can't find a place to have it on the original scheduled date).

But still, I'm practicing at home, and Mary and I are practicing together.

Now, here's an aside.

Milo is a howler. Well, he is when he hears a clarinet. When I play at home, when Mr M and I do duets, when Mary came here to practice, when I listen to any kind of clarinet music at home or in the car, he howls. I don't know, I still find it funny, it makes Mr M extremely angry, but it makes no difference, he howls and no one's going to stop him. In fact, I was just listening to a recording of our recent Saturday practice right here, and Milo, jumping around and playing with his latest squeaky toy, was also howling away during the play.

And so this week's acrotopic - Why Does Milo Howl When He Hears A Clarinet?

All the other rules are the same. Everyone gets three entries to come up with the best acronym they can, one that not only matches the topic above, but also the letters below. The letters are randomly drawn from the acrobasket. The acrobasket is more of an English horn fan himself. Then tomorrow night at 10:00 est I shall be reading the entries and naming the winners.

So, the topic, Why Does Milo Howl when He Hears A Clarinet?

The letters:

G O T S T

So there you go. Answer my question with an acro!

Betland's Olympic Update:
* Accepting any blog topics, btw.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Marla Bronstein said...

Growling Only Tells Short Tales


Guess One Tequila Stops That



Great Omens Toot Sweet Tempos

11:02 PM  
Blogger Eric Meany said...

Gets overly truculent sans trombone

Grievously outdated tunes, some think

God outlawed that shitty tooting

11:19 PM  
Blogger Lily said...

Got over tired, sleepy, testy.

Generally, only that sounds tinny.

Greatly overestimated talent, seriously terrible.(sorry! Blame the acrobasket!)

6:27 AM  
Anonymous tayree said...

He must have had a traumatic experience with the E flat that he is projecting on all clarinets...(sorry, I got nothin' for the acro!)

2:27 PM  
Blogger The Calico Quilter said...

Wait a minute - B'burg High School's ROOF FELL IN? Good lord, how old IS the building? We've got some crappy school buildings here but I don't think any of them has just up and fallen down. There must be a story here.

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home