Sunday, March 21, 2010

Hello!

Well, here I am. As you may have noticed, I haven't blogged in a while. It was kind of planned. I need a blog vacation.

Nothing big, nothing major, I just haven't had much to write about. Life's been a little busy. And no pictures for Picture Sunday, and, well, I've been a bit of a blank slate.

But I wanted to post something tonight.

So I thought I'd tell you about Friday.

See, it's kind of a tradition in our family that we don't celebrate birthdays on the date they're supposed to be celebrated. Children and grandchildren grown and going in all directions, it's just too hard. So we pick a date where we'll all be together, and celebrate a week or two later.

Friday was my belated birthday celebration.

And there's really not a lot to tell, we went out, ate, then went back to Granny & Paw's for a little while. But what I wanted to say is that my family has more fun together. I mean, we laugh till our sides are sore. It's like everyone saves up their best lines, it starts the moment we all get in the car together, and continues till we all say goodnight.

We ate, we drank, we all made each other laugh ourselves silly. It all ended back at the folks' house when my mom, who's been sporting a wig lately (she was on some medication that made almost all her hair fall out, though it's starting to come back in), sat at the kitchen table and said, "Well, I've had enough of this," and plopped her wig on the table. I mean, I guess when Granny throws her wig on the table, it's time to go home.

I got a call from my dad the next day, and he said we really needed to not wait for birthdays for such times. That we should try and all get together for dinner out once a month or so. I would love that, but I don't know if it will happen.

I hope it does, though.

Happy week.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* See? I don't even have an update. I really am a blank slate.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Marla Bronstein said...

totally worth waiting for...I wish you had gotten a picture of the wig on the table. <3

12:19 AM  
Blogger Duke said...

So you came out of blog hiding. I understand the need for a break but you have fans out here who need the occassional Bet blog fix.

I hope your mom's doing better. Tell her throwing your wig on the table is considered a challenge to combat in some cultures.

12:34 PM  
Blogger Lily said...

Your dad is right. In our family, we wind up having great fun at funerals. How wrong is that? Not because of any 'disrespect' but because why do we always wait that long to get together?

6:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home