Tuesday, March 09, 2010

A Short Hand, A Short Blog

Oh, my! Up until an hour or so ago, I had no acro entries, so I thought I was going to be free of a blog tonight.

You wicked acroers.

It's OK. My present came today! From me to me.

Yes, I bought myself a birthday present. I'd been toying with the idea for a while, and the day before my birthday I made my final decision and ordered it.

I bought myself a ring.

I wanted to buy myself something, yes, as silly as it sounds, from me to me, to commemorate my 50th birthday. I wanted a ring. Nice, more than I'd normally spend, but not outrageously expensive. No jewels, I'm not a jewel-type person. Just something that would mean something to me.

I went looking at jewelers' sites and found this one from David Yurman. Some of his stuff I like, some I don't. But this ring just said, "Hello! I'm the one!" I placed the order, then placed it on my finger.



















Here's why I loved it. It's me. It's mainly silver, which is the color of jewelry I wear. However, it has a bit of gold, gold, the 50th anniversary metal, letting me wear other gold jewerly if I wanted. It's not flashy or fancy, and neither am I. It has bands that are all twisted together. I'm rather twisted together. Some bands are smooth. Occasionally, I'm smooth. Other bands are rough. Sometimes I'm rough.

So it's me. It fits perfectly and I love it.

And it was really hard to get a picture that doesn't show all of my horrible, dry, wrinkled, dishpan hands, but I finally got one. After the ring purchase, maybe I need to invest in a manicure.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* Yes, acrowinners, we have acrowinners! So, what do I need to clean?
- Runner-Up goes to LilyG, with her "Really, Elizabeth. Clean? Go rowboating." I'm telling you, Lily, that's exactly how I feel.
- And this week's winner goes to Kellie (with an ie), with her "Really Eclectic Country Gold Records." I could never get rid of those! They might be worth something someday!
- Thanks to all who played - you've all done very well!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Marla Bronstein said...

that is a beautiful ring Bet. Did you see my "minute" on retail therapy. Nothing says happy like a gift you buy yourself.

12:04 PM  
Blogger Lily said...

Which finger are you wearing it on? Is that a pinky ring?

It's a lovely ring.

10:52 PM  
Blogger Bet said...

Oh, hell, I'm wearing it on the wedding finger. Like I need to keep that reserved?

2:08 AM  
Blogger Aculifter said...

That's really cool, where did you find it?

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home