Monday, April 05, 2010

Acrochallenge!

Hello, lovers of letters, and welcome to another round of acromania.

It's been a long day. That's the bad thing. The good thing is that it's also been a long weekend. I got Friday and Monday off for Easter. And since I had all that spare time, I decided I'd do something I haven't done in about 9 months. I made a Comfy Chair movie.

Now, it's not really up on the Comfy Chair Cinema yet, but I'll get it there. It's along the lines of something else I did this time last year, a little experiment, really, to test out the bitchin' stop-motion program Stennie gave me for my last birthday.

That movie was called "Bollypeep." This one's called "Peep Opp Ork Ah-Ah."



Now, I don't know that you're all familiar with the Jetson's episode where Judy Jetson wins a date with teen idol Jet Screamer. She does this by writing a song for him. Her song goes, "Jet Screamer Screamer Screamer I'm a dreamer dreamer dreamer - when the trumpets blare, I wanna run barefoot through your jet black hair hair hair." (George Jetson: be sure you don't slip on all that hair oil.)

Anyway, George hates Jet, and so instead of mailing Judy's contest entry, he mails Elroy's secret code language Elroy and his buddy made up. "Eep Opp Ork Ah-Ah." Which means "meet me tonight."

And so Elroy's song wins and Judy goes on a date with Jet. And here's the thing that's driven me bats for 45 years. "Eep Opp Ork Ah-Ah," according to Elroy, means "meet me tonight." When Jet introduces the song, he says it means "meet me tonight." But when he sings the damn song, "Eep Opp Ork Ah-Ah" means "I love you." Thanks, show. Way to mess with a kid's mind.

Anyway, I hope you liked the movie, and now on to acro.

So this week's topic - What Does "Eep Opp Ork Ah-Ah" really mean?

All the rules are the same. Everyone gets three entries to come up with the best acronym they can, one that matches not only the topic above, but also the letters below. The letters are randomly drawn from the acrobasket. The acrobasket had a hit single in the 60s. It was called "Wicker Wicka Wicka, Dicka Dicka Doo." He was a one-hit basket. Then tomorrow night at 10:00 est I shall be reading the entries and naming the winners.

This week's topic, What Does "Eep Opp Ork Ah-Ah" really mean? The letters:

S E P A G

There. Now stop swooning over Jet Screamer and acro.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* Hello!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Marla Bronstein said...

See? Every Person Accepts Gracefully


Say, Ever Pass Asparagus Gas?

11:57 PM  
Blogger Lily said...

So, Earthling, Party Alot? Groovy!

Such excitement. Please allow groping.

Stop eating pizza.Always gross.

6:38 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

S E P A G

Sensual earthling, point ass groundward!

Suck eggs! Please, aging geezer!

Scratch each pit and gag.

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home