Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Open Door Policy

Boy, things sure do go wild at the Poderosa sometimes.

As you all know, I have a large cast of cartoon characters, monsters, a good luck baby, and llamas that live with me here at the Pod. It's enough, believe me.

But just because they live under my roof, that doesn't mean I can deny them their basic cartoon rights. Like the right to have visitors.

It's been a wild few days here. First of all, Friday night tag included no less a person himself than Yosemite Sam. Now, Yosemite has taken up residence with Mr M at Poderosa East, and they're a good match. They get along well together, they're both crusty, crabby bachelors, and I'm sure they stay out of each others' way and all.

Well, Sherman's been trying to get Yosemite Sam to come over for tag for some time, and this past Friday he finally accepted. I said it was OK, but only on one condition. No guns. I didn't want him to get all ginned up during tag and shoot the hell out of my house. He came, sans guns, played tag, and joined in with post-tag pizza.

He had such a great time he stayed overnight, then went back home with Mr M after Mr M visited on Saturday. He ate six of Huckleberry Hound's fried eggs for breakfast. Mr M brought him his guns when he came, but with no bullets. He showed the gang a few pistol tricks.

He's a little rough around the edges, but you know, I kind of like the guy. What can I say.

Then it was around 7 on Saturday, and I was putting the finishing touches on dinner, when I heard a ring at the doorbell. I headed to the door to see who could possibly be visiting, and there behind my screen door, I saw this.





















Oh, my God! It was Bugs Bunny! The King of Cartoon Characters (and one of Sherman's heroes) was paying us a visit at the humble Pod!

Honestly, I thought I would faint, but I gathered myself, opened the door, and tried to think of a greeting to my home worthy of Mr B Bunny himself.

Then.

Then, this flew into my house.

























It was Daffy Duck. Daffy Duck in a convenient Bugs Bunny disguise, complete with fuzzy tail. Seems he'd heard about our little commune here, and thought we'd "benefit" from a visit by him.

That was Saturday. He's still here.

Since he's been here, he's tried to pass himself off as Bugs to Baby Lily and charge her $5 for his autograph. He's also bilked Bunsen Honeydew of $20 playing Three Card Monte. He calls Milo a "cur," Mr Peanut a "has-been," and has made a pass or two at Inga, the kids' nanny.

I'm at a bit of a crossroads. I want him out. I asked Mr Peabody to have a word with him, but it hasn't happened yet. Mr Peabody is still writing a "You Need to Go" speech. They're such different personalities, Peabody doesn't want to just wing it.

But if it doesn't happen soon, I'm going to grab him by the beak and fling him out the door.

Or let Milo eat him.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* Speaking of Milo, gave the boy a bath tonight. Not a cakewalk, to be sure, but he's not a bad boy in the bath. Then tomorrow night is Haircut Night! Woooo - lots of good thoughts for The Nephew and me, please.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Lily said...

Well, if Mr. Peabody isn't going to do it because he doesn't want to be the baddie, you're within your rights to play the heavy.

11:38 PM  
Anonymous Capt. A said...

You're just too cruel.

11:39 PM  
Blogger Duke said...

Just ask Yosemite Sam to run Daffy off. After all, Yosemite is the roughest, toughest, he-man gruffest hombre what ever crossed the Rio Grandie.

12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home