Sunday, May 16, 2010

Picture Sunday

Hello, friends and blogees! And welcome to another round of Picture Sunday.

I was having an "off the radar" weekend. I spent all my weekend last week doing parent duty, traveling, shopping, lifting, tugging, etc. This weekend I wanted to do "me" stuff.

Friday was great, had a nice Friday chill and recorded another Hucklebug podcast with my buddy Stennie. I so look forward to Friday nights because of the podcast.

Saturday, I had two things on the agenda. One was to pick up the DeepFatFriar at the airport in R'noke, and the other was to do some shopping at PetSmart.

Well, PetSmart was on the way. So I hit B'burg, dropped Milo off at Mr M's (he was on the road as well, love you, Mr M), and headed straight to PetSmart. I had one thing on the agenda.

And of course, as often happens, a person has one thing on the shopping agenda and ends up buying loads and loads of stuff. But hey, I was so happy with some of the things I found.

In addition to some Dentastix for my Milo (he has such lovely teeth, gotta keep them strong), a new Kong fuzzy toy, and a new bigger walking harness (he's outgrown his), I got of course the thing I went there for, a new "big boy" gate.

See, I still want to give Milo the entire kitchen when I'm off at work or on errands. Now, I know it's probably a dangerous thing to start trying to think for a dog, and Milo seems perfectly happy to go into the crate, but I'd like him to have more space to walk, play, etc. The problem is that the gates I have for him now, he always jumps or climbs (I think climbs) the gate into the den, then once he's in the den he makes all kinds of mischief. So I figured if I could find a taller gate he couldn't get over, he might be happier in the kitchen. Then again, you know what? He might be happier in his crate!

Anyway, the new gate I got, well, I have some problems with it right off the bat. First of all, it works on a "pressure" system in the door, and I personally don't think that pressure makes it fit tight enough, and if Milo decides to really lean on it, it will fall over, giving him access to the den where he can make all kinds of mischief. This might be me, though.

The other problem I have is definitely me, but not my hinky brain. See, the opening door on this gate, well, it's made for the skinniest human imaginable. Which of course, I am not. I have to walk through it sideways. So I don't know how long it will last, but it was quite expensive, so I'm going to make myself try and like it, whether I want to or not.

Wanna see my boy in jail? This is the exact picture of what will be facing me tomorrow morning when I leave for work.




















Aww, look at that face. "I don't want to be in jail, Mommy!"

Then, I decided to give a small look to fur clippers. See, I can't remember if I told you this, but I've tapped The Dear Nephew to be my new dog groomer. OK, so that sounds really bizarre, but here's my reasoning. I'm not taking him back to my regular groomer, she never listens to what I want. So I found out that The Nephew not only cuts his own hair, but cuts all of his buddies' hair at college, so I figured, "Hey, why not? He couldn't do worse. After all, Milo's a mutt. He doesn't have a 'prescribed' haircut." Right? Taylor has made me promise to give him one "free pass" to practice on Milo, and that's fair enough, so I said sure.

Anyway, I found these, quite reasonably priced.
























Oooh! Ten pieces! Who knows, together, we might start a chic doggie haircut trend.

And finally, and let me tell you, I can't quite explain the glee this filled me with. I must have mentioned here before that I have found the perfect poo pick-up system for Milo. It's called Dispoz-A-Scoop, and is a little baggie on a wire that picks up the poo, a piece of cardboard closes the wire and the poo is contained in the bag. They're expensive, but for me, well worth it.

Well, I hadn't intended on buying Dispoz-A-Scoops this weekend, I was doing OK on them, but as I rounded a curve on my way to look at fur clippers, I saw - a gigantic box of Scoops. And when I say gigantic, I mean, 250 in a big ol' box. I checked the price, and it was $30. It was regularly a $70 price. Well, I almost peed myself right there in the PetSmart, which is OK, I guess, since dogs do it, but I scooped (sorry) that box up and put it right in my cart, which was getting pretty crowded.




















All I can glean from this value is that maybe PetSmart is phasing out carrying my friend the Dispoz-A-Scoop, but at least now I have a nice large surplus while I look for them online.

A trip through the checkout and a large sum of money expended, and I loaded everything in the car and headed for R'noke. Got to the airport right on time, found a parking spot facing the main terminal, and all the DeepFatFrair had to do was walk right out of the building and he was at my car.

We had a nice drive home, and the Frair nicely offered to take me out to dinner, but Saturday was also Graduation Day at Virginia Tech. We figured there wouldn't be an empty dinner table for miles, so we rainchecked it, stopped at Mr M's to pick up Milo, and headed back to his house.

I'm still holding my raincheck, Friar. Sal's, the next time we meet.

Happy week.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* Trash duty's already done. I love it when trash duty's already done.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Duke said...

Milo in the big house...poor guy. He just wants to run in there with you where all the fun stuff is, like pillows to eat.

I stopped counting the money I spent on molly when it hit $5,000. Most of that was vet bills from her almost dying twice, but it shows how expensive a pet can be. You can drop a grand on one in a heartbeat if they get sick.

I don't really care. I'll sell a kidney or something to keep molly. Once you get attached to a pet the money doesn't matter.

2:15 PM  
Blogger Lily said...

Doggie jail! It looks a lot like baby jail. I hope he doesn't figure out how to get out like Nicholas did.

6:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home