Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Boy, Am I Lucky or What!

You know, I love mail. I get the mail at work, around 10:00 am, and it's always exciting when my friend, workmate, and mother figure San comes in with the daily take. Will she head back my way? She is! She is! What will I have? A package? A letter? A new Games magazine?

Ah, crap. Bills.

Well, that's how it goes most days. But every once in a while, I'll get that gem I'm hoping for. That happened one day last week.

When San headed back my way, she was carrying something quite large. It wasn't a box, it was a flat piece of mail, but it was bigger than your standard legal pad. I bounced up and down in my chair and resisted the urge to say, "Gimme gimme gimme!"

When San laid the mail upon my desk, I couldn't believe my eyes.

It was the Mona Lisa!

Someone had sent me the Mona Lisa in the mail! And if you don't believe me, well, naysayers, take a look at this!

























Yep, there she is, mysterious smile and all. And look - you can even see (and feel, if you own it, like I now do) the canvas.

Apparently some art society wants me join up with them, and they must want it really badly, because as an incentive for my membership they sent me the Mona Lisa. I wish they'd have sent the frame as well, but I guess that would have cost too much to ship. I'm thinking about searching out the fanciest frame I can find, and placing right on my living room wall.

I know it's the real Mona Lisa, because it has all these facts on the back, like when it was painted and what a neato guy DaVinci was.

This past Thursday The Nephew came over to trim Milo. When it was all over I told him I could either pay him in cash or in priceless art. I showed him the Mona Lisa.

He took the cash.

Some people just don't appreciate the finer things in life.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* Acrowinners, we have acrowinners! So, what is the title of your autobiography?
- Runner-Up goes to Capt A, with his "Luck Has Not a Chance."
- And this week's winner goes to LilyG, with her "Lace, Hairnets, Nylon - a Chronicle." Hey, I'd read that.
- Thanks to all who played, you've all done very well!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Duke said...

But that mona lisa isn't even the cool version with the cat head.

11:15 PM  
Anonymous Terri said...

Damn, I really wanted to play this acrochallenge! But I was at work and had other things distracting me from creativity. Two good titles from the winners. Congrats!

12:57 AM  
Blogger Marla Bronstein said...

So I was a little tweaked I didn't even get an honorable mention, then noticed my entry was not even noted. Stupid Itouch has its limitations. Anyway, my entry, late though it is, was worth sharing (in my humble opinion....)

Lost Hearing! Norman's a Creep

1:02 AM  
Blogger Dr. Psycho said...

The real Mona Lisa was painted on a wooden plank. Sorry to disappoint you. :{)

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home