Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Poderosa News and Notes

Hello, friends.

OK, the week here at the Poderosa....

Went to B'burg over the weekend, where Mr M and I got a lovely visit from Sauerkraut Band buddies Seth and Susan. We had a great time, laughed a lot, then they had to leave, because Susan had to make a pie. (Father's Day, you know.)

Then Mr M and I went to a late-night showing of "Toy Story 3." Oh, man. Go see this movie. I laughed, I cried. I cried a lot. I don't know why I didn't think to bring tissues. I needed tissues.

Then I came home on Sunday, which was indeed Father's Day, and our whole family went out to dinner. We had a blast, made each other laugh, lots of good conversation, we came back home - and, just like after my birthday dinner, there was a point where Granny (my mom) plopped her wig on the table, and we knew the evening was over and it was time to go home. And so we did.

A good weekend.

Milo's Freedom Train is still going well. I only crate him at night now. When I'm at work, or have to leave the house for a while, I just close the gate into the dennette, and he has the rest of the house to himself. He's had a couple of "tear ups," like a discarded soap box and a fingernail file, but it's nothing big. He's growing up.

I haven't posted a picture lately, so here is Milo this very night, relaxing in the kitchen.























He's getting a trim from The Nephew tomorrow night. Woo Hoo! Get out the Swiffer Sweeper!

Now, this is big. I mean, big big.

You know, I like QuickDraw McGraw. He's lived with me for a few years now, and although he's pretty quiet as cartoon characters go, he's nice, easygoing, personable, and we all get along with him. Well, little did I know the pull he has in the cartoon world. He sprang a surprise on me Sunday night I was just not prepared for.

When I got back from having dinner with the family (after Granny plopped her wig on the table), I walked into the house, and guess who was there?

Woody!

Yes, QuckDraw had heard me say many times what a fan I was of Woody's, and had gotten in touch with him to invite him for a visit. Everyone was just crazy about him, including me. He's a hoot. And although space is at a premium here, and I keep saying there will be no more boarders at the Poderosa, I couldn't help but ask him to move in with us.

Woody wasn't sure. He has a whole group of characters of his own, of course. But after spending a few days here, and hearing the others talk about all the trips they take to visit friends and family whenever they like, Woody said, sure, he'd set up camp at the Poderosa for a while.

So Woody's a new member of the gang!

Here he is with his cowboy buddy, QuickDraw.
























And here he is with the whole gang, having a little ride on Che Guellama.






















If you'll look closely, you'll notice that there in the corner of that picture you'll see Baby Huckie. Remember when Huckie went to visit Maw Hound on Mother's Day in the WABAC and things went awry and Huckie ended up an infant? Well, Mr Peabody fixed the WABAC and got Huckleberry back to his old grown self, and we were all relieved.

Then, one day, we got up and there was Baby Huckie crawling around in the floor. It totally freaked Real Huckie out.

Now, we don't know how this happened, not even Mr Peabody, and we're not sure how to send him back in time to his chosen space. And until we do, Baby Huckie is here. We try to make sure he's fed and changed and burped, and Real Huckie is trying to come to grips with the fact that there's a baby version of him crawling around the Poderosa. Real Huckie's pretty adaptable, as most blue dogs are.

Boy, the fun never ends here at the Poderosa, does it?

Betland's Olympic Update:
* Had a movie idea rolling around, hoping to have the time to work on it, and now have another one rolling around! Could there be two movies in your future? I know not!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Duke said...

Woody looks right at home. Two possible movies? Are we working on a triology? Goody!

12:41 AM  
Blogger stennie said...

I suppose plopping her wig to the ground was not the worst thing Granny could have done. Glad to hear you got her out of the house!

My tiny Woody and Buzz toys say howdy howdy howdy to your life-size Woody.

1:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home