Sunday, August 29, 2010

Picture Sunday

Hello, end of weekenders. Welcome to a pretty thin edition of Picture Sunday.

When last I left you, I was fretting over my roof. I couldn't get anyone to come over and look at it, and I spent a rather damp evening at the Poderosa as water came running through my window blinds. Hopefully, Dad's guy would come over.

Well, he did. He came over, and the prognosis was not good. I had several places that needed to be patched, but worse, I had two, and I'm quoting here, "mushy spots" at the front of the roof. A new roof was suggested.

And you know, all it took was hearing it for it to not be such a big deal anymore. I knew when I bought the house it was on the back half of its life span. So it was time.

Now I had to decide, roof like the old one, or one of the new cool metal ones? The prices actually weren't that different. So metal it would be. I wasn't expecting to get it put on for a couple of weeks, but shipping worked out and the weather was nice, and Wednesday I came home for lunch and drove into the driveway of a house with half a new roof already on.

At the end of the day I was the owner of this.




















I like it. It's spiffy. It's snappy. I just find myself now wanting it to rain so I can find out if it sounds different.

The roofer was to meet me Friday after work to look at the inside places, but, well, he didn't show up. Sigh. Hopefully next week.

One last thing, if you'll indulge. This is a picture of my uncle, Carl, and his wife Maria.











I lost Carl this week. I loved him a lot. They lived in Reno, but came to visit often, and we'd always have a great time. He was a great guy, full of laughter and good humor. He made a lot of people happy, which is not a bad legacy to have at all.

Happy week.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* In case you haven't seen it, there's a new movie up at the Comfy Chair Cinema. It's silly! I really wanted to make a silly movie, and I did!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Duke said...

I'm sorry to hear you lost Carl. You seem very fond fond of him. It's hard losing those we care about.

10:31 PM  
Blogger Duke said...

Oh, your new roof is keen-o! I was wondering this morning if you'd ever had it fixed or were standing in 3 feet of water. Fixed is a better option.

Who Knew Bunsen could cut the rug like that? He's a party animal. Loved the movie.

10:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm totally jealous of your new roof. We need a new roof desperately, and want the metal roof, but alas, how to pay for it?

So sorry about your uncle.

Mary

6:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home