Sunday, September 12, 2010

Picture Sunday

Hello, end of weekenders, and welcome to a very sad Sunday for me. Because, my friends, not only is it the end of the weekend for me, it's the end of a nice long vacation. Tomorrow it's back to the grind.

However, let's dwell on the good. I have pictures.

Well, let's see. Mr M and I went up to Cleveland for the big air show last weekend, which I mentioned in this week's blog. I took no pictures of the air show action, I spent all my time manning the Flip camera. I have air show footage up on my Facebook page, but not You Tube, because it was too long for acceptance.

But first, the bad news.




















Yes, Sokolowski's was closed for the weekend. That was how we were going to begin the weekend, with a nice meal at the restaurant Anthony Bourdain and Harvey Pekar went to on Anthony's show. Not to be, though. Bummer.

Now, to the good.

I met a rubber Air Force Man at the air show!

























Loved the Big Rubber Man. Mr M said it was Otto from "Airplane!"

Hey, and here's a nice new state-of-the-art passenger plane.




















Pretty, but unfortunately, here's me on the inside of any plane.




















You know, it's odd I like air shows, and being in airports, as much as I hate flying.

And sadly, for any more air show stuff, well, Facebook me is all I can say.

Oh, except Sherman's souvenir aircraft.




















Then after my return I headed off for an overnighter in North Carolina with my cousin Jacob. It was fun, we watched TV and ate and drank and giggled way too much, then the next morning we did a little bit of shopping.

I found some Skull Candy ear buds for my pink iPod.




















Then we hit a doll shop that was chock full of stuff. Their dolls were extremely expensive, but that didn't bother me, I don't buy dolls anymore. However, they had some accessories, furniture in particular, that were great and really cheap. I couldn't resist a few things for the gang.

First, Sherman got a new school desk!

























Huckie got a very tasteful parlor chair.

























And finally, Peabody got a luscious reading chair.

























So there you go. Now back to reality.

Happy week.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* Hey, remember my triumphant parachuting with the Golden Knights at last year's air show? Well, Mr M got me involved in another act this year. He's keen to tell you all about it (with pictures), and that will be coming very soon.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger stennie said...

I don't know how it's possible that I heard about 500 times before you left town your great plans to go to Sokolowski's, but didn't know until I read it in your blog that they were closed when you went there! What a pisser, I know that's the thing you were most looking forward to in Cleveland.

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home