Sunday, September 19, 2010

Picture Sunday

Hello, end of weekenders! And welcome to another edition of Picture Sunday.

I must admit, most of my pictures are of the "catching up" variety.

First of all, this weekend was the first weekend of Oktoberfest. Yes, I know, it seems way too early for that, I thought it myself. But up the mountain I went. It was a fair night, small and enthusiastic crowd, my knee hurt so much I was of a very foul demeanor, and you know, I'm worried about this knee thing. I'm afraid it's going to ruin Oktoberfest for me this year.

Didn't even take my camera up the mountain, but you have all seen a lot of Oktoberfest pictures, so you're not missing much.

So let's get to the old business.

Well, how about this!

Last weekend, Sherman completed his vegetable stand selling. You know he grows vegetables all summer, then sells them at his stand at Mr M's. He makes lots of money, then gives it all to charity. He's such a good boy.

Of course, you know that every year he grows his own "special plant." He's had the Shermanhead peach, Shermanhead melon, and several others.

This year, it was the Shermanhead celery.

























Also last weekend, Mr M, who owns the Assmobile and has for some 14 years, bought a new car! A new Assmobile, Assmobile2!

It's a Hyundai Genesis, which, I must admit, I'd never in my life heard of, but it's a very pretty car. Last weekend he called upon me to drive it from the dealership home, with a couple of stops on the way, and I have to tell you, I was nervous. I mean, driving someone else's new car. It was raining and foggy, and I probably waited about ten minutes to pull out onto the highway, because if there was a car within 100 yards, I wouldn't pull out.

Here's the new Assmobile.




















Sherman and Huckie wanted to get into the act, too.



















And of course, if he'd let me drive it, he'd let Sherman drive it.




















Mr M loves his new car.

On Thursday, the dear nephew came by and gave Milo a new haircut. Wonderful, more so than usual. We decided to cut him a little shorter, since The Nephew's back at school and cuts will be farther and fewer between.

After it was all over, there was a lot of hair around. So much, in fact, that we could make a second doggie. Another Milo!




















By the way, I didn't snatch Milo's nose. It's a piece of dog food.

Now, to more current matters.

I cleaned out my refrigerator today!

It was a chore. My refrigerator needed a major cleaning. But trash day is tomorrow, so the time was right. After a couple of hours and a lot of throwing away, I got everything all spiffy.

And when I say "a lot of throwing away," it's a shame how wasteful I can be. Olives. I bet I threw away 1000 olives past their sell-by date.

Anyway, after everything was all spiffed up, I took a picture.




















That's Chilly Willy relaxing in the fridge. He gets hot a lot down here in the south. We let him relax in the coolness.

Happy week.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* My God, "Mad Men." Mrs Blankenship!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Duke said...

I love the fur milo!

Tell Mr. M congrats on the the new car. It looks super.

2:48 AM  
Blogger Lily said...

I am so sure I commented on this already, but Blogger seems to have eaten it. I can't remember what I said, but I can tell you it was brilliant.

6:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home